Colombo Bank is a locally owned community bank in Montgomery County, Maryland. Colombo Bank has offices in Baltimore, Bethesda, Rockville, and Silver Spring Maryland and in Washington, DC.
Washington DC & Silver Spring Offices
The tellers is primarily responsible for ensuring timely, courteous and accurate processing of customer transactions, following bank policies, procedures and providing superior customer service.
1. Answers the phone in a courteous, professional and pleasant manner and transfers calls with appropriate announcement and salutation.
2. Maintains their workstation and vault areas in a neat and orderly fashion to avoid losses of documents and present a clean appearance of the bank.
3. Demonstrates flexibility with hours and location, if necessitated by the bank.
4. Understands and follows policies, procedures, and regulations making judgments and seeking exceptions when appropriate.
5. Ensures courteous and accurate processing of customer transactions. This includes but is not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, transfers of funds, Treasury Tax and Loan payments and all loan payments.
6. Examines checks for endorsements, verifies other information such as dates, guaranteed amounts, payees and checks identification of the persons.
7. Is knowledgeable of REG CC holds and notices, memo holds and balance inquiries.
8. Settles cash drawer, Automated Teller Machine (ATM) and vault daily with accuracy.
9. Process night deposits, courier and by mail transactions while maintaining appropriate logs of these transactions under dual control.
10. Reports teller differences to the head teller and supervisors, immediately.
11. Is alert to possible fraud or suspect activity that may require a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR), Currency Transaction Report (CTR) or other reporting. Reports suspected activity to appropriate supervisors.
12. Completes and maintains branch daily logs for negotiable items and forwards them to the appropriate department(s). Includes filing monetary reports and Currency Transaction Reports (CTR).
13. Recognizes potential sales opportunities and refers customers. Must have product and systems knowledge in order to complete this task.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Two years’ banking experience preferred, cash handling experience
3. Excellent customer service skills
1. Clearly communicates in English; proficient reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; proficient communicative and interpersonal relations skills.
2. Proficient in word and excel.
3. Ethical Conduct.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand and walk or maneuver around the branch.
Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs. of coin or other work related equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Limited travel can/may be expected as necessary to accommodate other branch operations in a staffing situation.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All prospective employees must send their resume to Diane Weaver at dWeaver@ColomboBank.com. Please call (202) 626-0434 if you have any questions.